Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wednesday - March 2

Everything is looking so good today. He has really filled out and seems to be blowing all of the doctors away by his progress. He now weighs in at 1 pound and 12 ounces, but he gets weighed in two hours so that could change. Hopefully he will weigh a little more. Mommy always tells him to "think heavy little man." Because at 1000 grams mommy gets to hold him. I cannot wait for that moment. He is currently 780 grams. So we aren't that far away. His stats seem to stay pretty good, but he does have a few apnea moments. They say he will grow out of it and its all due him being a preemie - so no alarm yet.

He seems to sleep like his mommy. He gets into a really deep sleep and leaves that little mouth open all the time. Mommy is getting pretty good at changing my little diaper. She tries to change it all she can so she will be really good when I go home. Daddy hasn't changed it yet, but we are working on him. LOL!

We met Dr. Nadding tonight for the first time. He is really nice and is very surprised with how well I'm doing. He gave mommy his card and told her to feel free to ask any questions. He checked my little booty and prescribed some zinc oxide to put on it because it seems to be getting a little chapped. Hopefully it will get better quick. Also, today at noon I was taken off of TPN (total parental nutrition), but I still have an IV in my arm just in case I need anything else. You never know because this is just a roller coaster and anything could happen from minute to minute.

Thanks for all of the prayers and continue to think about us, the Franklins, and the Benjamins. We are all working so hard to get healthy and well so we can come home. Can't wait till we can all look back on this day and laugh. I know we will all be good and strong one day. Have a great rest of the week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment