Thursday, March 3, 2011

Almost Friday....

Today was such a great day for Weston! They measured him today and he has grown a whole inch and jhe gained 40 more grams! So he is now up to 1 pound 14 ounces (840 grams) and is 13 3/4 inches long. I cannot believe that he is growing so fast. Hopefully mommy and daddy will be able to hold him soon. Dr. Nadding said he needed to be atleast 1000 grams to hold and hopefully we can convince him to do Kangaroo Care (skin to skin). Everyone at the NICU has been so nice and the nurses are AWESOME! We can really tell that they love their jobs and the babies.

I have had so many visitors this week. Lets see if we can name them all - Mamaw Robinson, Mimi and Papaw Weaver, Nana and Papa Gillen, "Aunt" Kristeen (lol), Uncle Tim and Aunt Melissa (Buddy and Rob came too but they arent old enough to see me), Aunt Melinda, Aunt Barbara Sue, Henry and Tmora Payne, and I'm not sure who I've left out but know that we appreciate all of the visitors. We especially love when Aunt Ber comes to visit because she brings me books and reads to me. She also brings me onsies that say "My Auntie is Awesome" and "My Aunt is the Best." LOL! She spoils him rotten.

We have received so many gifts from friends and families. We appreciate everything from everyone. This is one of the hardest things we have ever been through. Noone knows how hard it is to walk away from the hospital every night and leave your only child that you have grown to love and connect with throughout pregnancy - unless you go through it like many of our friends have. Thank goodness we have some friends to talk to - The Benjamins, The Franklins, and The Arnolds. They have all either went through it or are going through it. We have also enjoyed getting emails via facebok from strangers who tell us their stories. It's so interesting to me how each person has their own "preemie" story. I have enjoyed every one of them, especially when the outcome is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment